On Wednesday, November 14th starting at 10:15 AM JST, we will be performing the upgrade of our main database.
NOTE: This maintenance notice only interests AWS customers using the Tokyo region and not AWS customers using the US region.
The upgrade is necessary to bring our database to the latest and greatest MySQL version supported, allowing us to stay on par with the latest improvements, fixes, and security patches.
The procedure will **last up to 10 minutes**: during this time, our REST API will primarily be unavailable and respond with error codes 500 or similar. In particular:
* The Web Console will not be functional.
* Streaming import requests will fail: Where fluentd / td-agent is being used (as recommended), event collection will continue locally on each device/server and will recover automatically once the maintenance is complete due to the built-in buffering and retry mechanisms.
* Real-time CDP event ingestion will continue undisturbed but events will not be available for querying until the maintenance is completed.
* td command-line (CLI) commands will encounter failures and execution will be delayed until the maintenance is complete. In some cases, the commands will be returning errors.
* Scheduled queries and connector jobs will be delayed. Already running scheduled jobs will be completed successfully or retried internally until they are.
* Workflows using Treasure Data operators (e.g. td>) will retry and regain full functionalities again after the upgrade. In case of workflow sessions failures, the customer could elect to resume them manually.
* The Presto JDBC / ODBC Gateway will report authentication failures.
Beyond this notice, we will provide updates approximately 1 hour before the beginning of the upgrade window, at the start and completion of the operation, and once the verification is completed. At that time, all systems will have returned to full functionality and the Scheduled Maintenance will be closed.
If you have any question or concern about this upgrade, please feel free to reach out to our Support team at email@example.com